Roku Error Code 009
Once you connect your Roku Streaming device to the internet, You get access to unlimited fun and streaming channels. In case while setting up your Roku Streaming device you get Roku Error Code 009, you can Follow some basic troubleshooting steps to get your Roku Streaming Player online. This error code displays while your Streaming device is getting authentication and disconnection problems with your Wireless Router.
The causes behind Roku Error Code 009
These are some of the common reasons your Roku will display Error Code 009:-
- Loose Cables: In some cases, certain Cables involved in your Roku setup get a Loose connection problem which can cause Roku Streaming TV to Display Error Code 009. Therefore, you must make sure there is no loose cable which is causing this error code to appear on the TV Screen.
- MAC filtering: Make sure your Wireless Router does not have MAC (Media Access Code) address Filtering enabled. In case you don’t know what MAC address Filtering is, you must be aware that MAC address filtering means your Router allows internet Connection to only Certain Media devices which can cause Error code 009 to be triggered on your TV screen.
- Internet Connection: Roku error code 009 means your Roku device is connected to the router, but not able to connect to the internet. There is also a possibility of your Wireless Router facing frequent disconnection issues due to which Roku is facing issues while connecting to its database. Roku Streaming service requires a stable and fast internet connection to be able to stream content.
- DNS Cache: It is also possible that the DNS configurations that are cached by the Router to connect to the internet may have got corrupt. This can cause an unstable connection to internet Services.
Another useful article: Roku Error Code 003
You can follow these easy steps to Fix Roku Error Code 009:
Step 1: Reboot WiFi Router and Roku
Sometimes a simple reboot of your Router and Roku device helps you start a stable internet connection between your devices. All you need to do is unplug the power adapter from the wall, wait for at least 20 to 25 seconds, and then plug the power adapter back in. Now, wait for the Router’s light to come up and try to establish a new internet Connection between your Router and Roku Steaming device.
Step 2: Contact Internet Service Provider
In case the First Step does not fix the error issue, You can also contact your Internet Service provider to make sure there are no restrictions from their end. You should also make sure you are using High-speed internet as Streaming service requires high-speed data internet connection.
Step 3: Reset Roku Software
There are chances that your Roku Software has been corrupted and causing this problem. Hence, during this troubleshooting, we will try resetting Roku Streaming TV software to factory defaults. To do it, Press the options tab from your TV screen and select settings. Now press system and select Factory Reset. Now, wait for your Roku Player to complete the Software resetting process and then restart the Roku Setup process.
Step 4:(optional) Reset Network Settings
There is a big Possibility of your Roku Network getting corrupted if this Error Code persists. This can also cause certain functionalities on your Roku device getting limited. Hence, in this step, we will try resetting your Roku Network settings. To get this step successfully done, Follow these easy steps:
- Press * button on your Roku remote or navigate your Roku to settings tab.
- Select the Network option.
- Choose the WiFi tab and Select Setup a New WiFi Connection.
- Choose your Wireless Network to set up a new connection with WiFi.
- Enter your WiFi Password and Press Connect.
- Once you follow all these steps, check if the issue persists.
- Contact Customer support if this Technical glitch continues on your Roku Streaming Device.
Note: This code means that your TV is connected to the router, but does not have Internet access. Use another device such as a computer or tablet, to check if your Internet connection is working. If no connection exists, contact your ISP for help restoring the internet connection. If your computer has an internet connection and you still see Error 009, restart your Roku TV.